Friday 4 July 2014

OPEN

GULP! My exhibition is now open to the public! Consequently it's open to scrutiny...open to interpretation...open to a WHOLE load of opinion! I have discovered that it is a very vulnerable feeling to have a body of work, & the concepts & thoughts behind it...EXPOSED to a wider audience.

In planning this exhibition I had decided to have a variety of styles of work on display, so that, hopefully, everyone would find something they liked! But...alas...I couldnt plan what the weather was going to be like!!

Last night the heavens opened & doused Adelaide in bucket loads of rain.  On top of that it was cold! However, instead of curling up in front of the fire a lot of very special people made the effort to come & celebrate the exhibition opening with us. I was overwhelmed with the turnout  as well as  grateful, touched & encouraged!

It was magical to see the work up in the gallery & to have that space full of people!

Thankfully people enjoyed my work & there were lots of smiles & chuckles!

I was particularly delighted to have my parents here from New Zealand!

I had kept them in the dark about what my work would be like, so it was all a surprise!! (hehehe!)

Julie Pritchard, Gallery M's Manager is, thankfully,  experienced at getting everyone's attention in preparation to hearing the opening speech!

I was privileged to have Madeleine Hedges give the opening address.

Aside from being an excellent speaker, she is my friend & has been a constant source of encouragement & insight from the moment I first shared the concept for this exhibition with her.


She had everyone's attention from the start!

It was a good night & a great way to start an exhibition.

Cheers!

(Note: I have plans to share a video of Madeleine's opening speech, but due to technical difficulties...it will have to wait!)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment