Saturday 26 July 2014

Last Days

 Some artists like to do all their pre-production 'working out' in nice neat sketch books, which in time, become works of art in themselves!  Unfortunately...that doesnt work for me!  I'm someone who will grab a scrap of paper when inspiration hits, or scrawl a design on the back of a receipt!  Instead of a nice tidy sketch book, my scraps, thoughts, photos, samples, sketches and quotes all go into a folder.  This DOES work for me!

However, it isnt very versatile when one is going to give an artist talk & other people are going to be looking at all those scraps & etcs!


 With this in mind, I have been spending the past few days compiling all my bits into nice neat ringbinders!

Why?

Because tomorrow, 27 July 2014....the final day of my exhibition....I will be giving an artist talk at 2pm & I thought that those present might like something else to look at, instead of just listening to me speak!

If you are in the Adelaide area & would like to come along, then head for Gallery M, Marion Cultural Centre, 287 Diagonal Rd, Oaklands Park.  ( www.gallerym.net.au ) .  You will be very welcome.


 
The other little thing I have been working on, is this book !

 It is available through www.blurb.com & shows the individual artworks & the poems, thoughts & meditations that were exhibited alongside each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment